Sightseeing in the Black Forest and Surroundings
Tips: From the Badische Weinstraße to Europa-Park
Start your exciting excursions to the many attractions in the Black Forest directly from our Hotel. Be sure to visit:
- Baiersbronn: In addition to beautiful nature you can visit the Hauff Fairy Tale Museum and the Galerie U with modern art exhibits of the attractions in the holiday town of Baiersbronn. Visit the Culture Park Glashütte Buhlbach, which brings 250 years of glass and cultural history to life, and the Hiking and Information Centre. Take the chair lift to Stöckerkopf, Baiersbronn's local mountain.
- Schwarzenbach Dam: The largest dam in the northern Black Forest can be found in Forbach (11 km away).
- Recreation Mehliskopf: There is a lot for active holiday makers to do at Mehliskopf (near the Schwarzwaldhochstraße): year-round, all-weather bob track, climbing park, downhill carts, archery and in the winter downhill skiing, cross-country skiing and snowboarding (14 km away).
- Schwarzwaldhochstraße: 60 km of scenic impressions – that's what make the Schwarzwaldhochstraße one of the most beautiful routes in the Black Forest. The route runs from Freudenstadt to Baden-Baden, the Panorama Route begins in Sand (ca. 15 km)
- Barefoot Park Dornstetten: Feel with your feet: Wood, Pebbles, bark mulch, grass, clay and water – cold, warm, damp, dry, comfortable, stimulating and reviving. Take the 2,4 km walk for your health and strengthen your vitality with the Kneipp principles. (21 km away)
- Freudenstadt: Stroll through more than 300 shops, admire the more than 100 fountains in this district seat with the largest market square in Germany
- Sightseeing in Freudenstadt: City Church with a christening stone and lectern from the 12th century, Experimenta – the crazy adventure museum, Teddy Bear Museum in the Spa House with approx. 15,000 stuffed animals, Visitor's Mine, Friedrich Tower, Fun and Adventure Pool "Panorama-Bad" (23 km away)
- Baden-Baden: Promenade through the world-famous spa town where even Romans took their baths.
- Sightseeing in Baden-Baden: Thermal baths, Spa House, Casino, Drinking Hall with illustrations of local legends, Frieder Burda Museum, Fabergé Museum, Festspielhaus, Theatre Baden-Baden, ruins of the Altes Schloss (Old Castle), view of the town from the terrace at the Neues Schloss (New Castle), Rose Society Garden, Merkur Mountain... (approx. 33 km away)
- Vineyards: Drive along the Badische Weinstraße (Baden Wine Route) and visit idyllic wine villages, for example the vineyards of Steinbach near Baden-Baden, with its Vineyard Museum, or Varnhalt, with its mini Black Forest Village, or the wine villages in the Ortenau Region such as Durbach, with Schloss Staufenberg (The Wine Route begins ca. 25 km away).
- Open Air Museum Vogtsbauernhof: Travel back in time to life in the Black Forest the way it was centuries ago: Impressive farm houses, parlours, barns, saw mills, grain mills (approx. 65 km away)
- Strasbourg: Take a trip to Alsace and visit beautiful Strasbourg.
- Sightseeing in Strasbourg: Cathedral, La Petite France, half-timbered houses, Museum in the Rohan Palace, European Parliament, boat ride on the Ill ... (ca. 75 km away)
- Europa-Park: Over 100 attractions for big and small - roller coasters, Grimm's Fairy Tale Land, and many shows. Europa-Park was chosen as "World's Best Amusement Park" in 2014 by Amusement Today. (approx. 100 km away)
We will be happy to provide further tips for attractions in the Black Forest.